Thursday, January 10, 2013

Kim Kardashian / Kanye West - Got A New Crib!


Because of my celebrity interior design projects, The Huffington Post asked what I imagine Kim Kardashian and Kanye Wests' baby nursery to look like. I thought what fun!  So I paused to give some thought to who they are, and what their merged styles would create.  My submission is below.  

Here's my description of what I believe the nursery would be...

"Kim and Kanye's baby's has the DNA of two trendsetting tastemakers.  No pink or blue nursery would do here!  I imagine ceiling fixtures of black Swarovski crystals and 30"s vintage bronze, living side by side.  Hanging delicately as if they were Celine or Chanel bracelets dangling from Kims' wrist.  I imagine a Black pony Egg chair, cradling Kim and Kanye as they nurse the baby.  High polished chrome contemporary accessories throughout - giving  nod to the masculinity of the room (if the baby is a boy).  Beautiful E. Braun or Pratesi linens for the white lacquer and ebony metal framed crib.  A natural gesture, visible in the hand carved table lamps over the brushed metal dressers.  Of course, the television holds a prominent space, so they can watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and Kayne's tour clips 24 hours of the day."

You can see the entire piece here.

With their much lauded recent home purchase, surely this is light stuff!  I'm ready for some real fun now!


No comments: