Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!



"I love construction.  My specialty... building legacies of Love"
- Joy Moyler (Hautezone)

Happy New Year everyone! 


I hope 2013 arrived at your door in the most festive manner imaginable.  I hope it arrived bearing the very best of Health and Love.  Being at the peak of a new year is exhilarating and thought provoking.  So much thought is given to the year past, and all that lies before us.  

How do we make a new year special? How do we dig deep maximizing our creative efforts?  How do we bask in the creative juices of groundwork laid last year? These are somewhat selfish thoughts yes.  

Beyond that, how can we enrich someone else's life?  How can we be in the right place at the right time to serve someone other than ourselves?  The answer for me is... by being there. By being present in the relationships we have and truly nurture.  By letting the people we love KNOW they can count on us.  At the end of the day we are all naked.  Feelings, hurts, desires are all exposed for the world to see.  Fashion falls aside. Trends are vacant.  All left is self.

So 2013 finds me very much holding on memories of lives lost in 2012, knowing the value of nakedness of raw emotion.  Looking forward to all which lies before me, and continuing to construct, layer by layer new legacies and friendships of love.  That is the very best of whats to come.  It is going to be a GLORIOUS year.

My dad used to say "I don't collect things, I collect people.  Treat everyone the same because you never know who will give you your last drink of water".  I try to continue to live that mantra daily.  That continues to be one of my biggest goal of this year. Building love, one brick at a time.

Something else I like to say... "Time is fleeting. If you treat people well, they don't flee".

Happy New Year and a world of blessings to you all!

Image from Pinterest




No comments: