Monday, June 4, 2012

"Something like OLIVIA"!



Perhaps this Olivia is not THE Olivia John Mayer had in mind, while composing his song "Something like Olivia", for his newly released 'Born and Raised".

But it's another, 'Olivia' I just love.  I was originally introduced to this series of books while hanging out with my god daughter Vanessa May.  Wouldn't you know, I was so taken by this 'girly-girl' and her antics, I have purchased the series for myself.  

Okay, let's just put aside the fact that the books are about a pig (full of all girl spirit!)  But isn't that what the power of reading is supposed to do? Change your view, introduce you to something new - and take you away without leaving the room or wherever else you may be?    Hey, look at the mouse Stuart Little.  So engaging you feel for him.  Or the mouse in the acclaimed film 'Ratatouille'.

Written and illustrated by the very talented Ian Falconer, it is just too precious for words.  Come on, at the end of the day couldn't we all use a moment of hanging out with our 'inner child'?

And if you'd like to see John's 'Something like Olivia' here she is...

No comments: