Friday, October 29, 2010

Diana Vreeland would be so proud... Luck be a lady

YvesSaint Laurent Dress, Chopard and De Grisogono jewelry

I absolutely adore ladylike dressing. The ritual of applying hosiery (though it is considered passe). Stockings thank you. Holding the lipstick and gently staining my lips a soft aubergine. The stroke of applying noir pencil for just the right amount of 'smoky eye'. Love it! Aaah, to be a girl. So my eyes were firmly planted on these lovely images in the November/December issue of Departures Magazine.

Dress by Giambatista Valli, Sidney Gerber Necklace


Christian Dior Dress, Brian Atwood Shoes


Oscar de la Renta gown, Verdura earrings

It is just so nice to see women dressed as real ladies, without all the excessive 'booty crack' and cleavage. Not to get me wrong, as they certainly do have their place. It's just that sexy has many forms. Ask most men and they will say "there's nothing like leaving a little something to the imagination". Unless of course it's Friday or Saturday, round about midnight. You know what I mean!

Asprey Tahitian Pearl Necklace, Leah C. Couture beret


Fendi dress, Chopard earrings

H
ow lucky we ladies are... I can hear Ms. Vreelands most favored quote "when blue, wear red".

Images are taken at the newly minted Lambs Club. Designed by another of my former design firms The Office of Thierry Despont.

No comments: