Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cannonball Vineyard

Believe me, I wouldn't refer to myself as a sommelier by any measure. Put a long-winded wine list in front of me and I shiver at the countless choices. Simply, I just know what I like. I will however share with you what I have come to believe is the very best Cabernet Sauvignon on the planet.

Produced by Cannonball Vineyard, courtesy of Napa Valley, the very first whiff engages your senses. The flagrant marriage of blackberries, oak and chocolate, engulfs your olfactory system and welcomes the rest of your body to come play. The hardest part is pouring it into a decanter, and patiently waiting as it 'breathes'.

Surely most vitners would recommend pairings of lamb, beef and hearty accompaniments. However, I believe it works just as well will peanut butter and jelly, seafood and vegetarian dishes. At less that twenty dollars a bottle at Grande Harvest Wines (Grand Central Station) in New York City, celebrate life, love, birthdays and surviving Mondays with a sip or two. Your palatte will love you for it!

(photograph by Hautezone)

No comments: